Ceramic coatings, or high solids coatings, are essentially paints that are loaded with ceramic microspheres. Unlike conventional paints that contain more than 50% water, ceramic coatings comprise of dense solid microspheres, which makes them a highly attractive coating solution in many industries. For example, the oil & gas industry can potentially lose millions of dollars due to ineffective coating.
Therefore, the industry extensively employs ceramic coating materials to pipes and other equipment. This is because, when dried, a ceramic coating can form a hardened and impenetrable layer on the metal substrate on which it is applied, thereby preventing corrosion. Furthermore, their low friction coefficient makes these coatings energy-efficient, resulting in their high usage in manufacturing processes.
Does ceramic coating last 5 years?
The global ceramic coatings market size is anticipated to hit USD 3.32 billion by 2026, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.1% during the forecast period. High versatility of ceramic coatings will boost their adoption across industries, states Fortune Business Insights™ in its new report, titled “Ceramic Coatings Market Size, Share & Industry Analysis By Type (Oxide, Carbide, Nitride, and Others), By Coating Method (Thermal Spray, Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD), Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD), and Others), By End-Use (Transportation & Automotive, Energy, Aerospace & Defense, Industrial Goods, Healthcare, and Others), and Regional Forecast, 2019-2026”.
Key Considerations for Market Forecast:
- Impact of Pandemic, supply chain disruptions, demand destruction, and change in customer behavior
- Optimistic, probable, and pessimistic scenarios for all markets as the impact of pandemic unfolds
- Pre- as well as post-COVID-19 market estimates
- Quarterly impact analysis and updates on market estimates
High Cost of Ceramic Coatings to Negatively Impact the Market
While its wide applicability in various industries is one of the top ceramic coatings market trends, these coatings come with a hefty price tag, which may slow down their demand. For instance, ceramic coating on a budget car can cost between Rs. 25,000 and Rs. 50,000 in India, which may not be affordable for every buyer. Moreover, the cost can go higher if the quality of the coating is superior. In addition to this, ceramic coatings have a few more drawbacks, which may hamper their uptake, especially in the automotive industry.
For example, since these coatings are fundamentally a form of paint, even though they blend with the underlying metal, they cannot protect cars’ surfaces from usual scratch agents such as rocks and dust. Similarly, water-based pollutants can create smudges and spots on the surface of a vehicle even after they have evaporated. Unfortunately, ceramic coatings cannot safeguard surfaces from such pollutants.
Acquisitions and Innovations to Characterize Market Competition
The ceramic coatings market analysis indicates a period of exciting competition in this market as key players look to cement their market position. Their most preferred strategies include mergers and acquisitions and ramped up investment in R&D to launch innovative products.
Escalating Demand for Automobiles to Drive the Market in Asia-Pacific
Asia-Pacific boasted a market size of USD 813.1 million in 2018 and is expected to lead the ceramic coatings market share in the forthcoming years mainly on account of exponential growth of the automotive industry in the region. The region is also home to China, the world’s largest market for automobiles, which bodes well for this market.
In Europe and North America, the market will be mainly driven by the rapid advancements in their respective aerospace industries. This, coupled with a steady demand for vehicles and a robust transportation infrastructure, will further propel the market in North America and Europe.
List of Companies Profiled in the Report:
Saint-Gobain, Morgan Advanced Materials, Integrated Global Services, Inc., APS Materials, Inc., Praxair S.T. Technology, Inc., Ferro Corporation, Keronite, Aremco, Kurt J. Lesker Company, Bodycote
The study Ceramic coatings Market offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends Ceramic coatings Market that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micro Market initiatives of leading players will bring in investments in Ceramic coatings Market?
- What can be the best Ceramic coatings Market framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in Ceramic coatings Market new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future Ceramic coatings Market?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in Ceramic coatings Market gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the Ceramic coatings Market current and expected intensity of competition the Market in the near future?