The foundation is one of the most important parts of your home. It supports the entire weight of your house and everything inside it. So, when it starts to show signs of wear and tear, it’s important to get it fixed as soon as possible. Otherwise, you could be facing some serious problems down the line.
Foundation repair in Tampa can be a tricky business. There are a lot of companies out there that claim to be able to fix your foundation, but not all of them are created equal. That’s why it’s important to do your research before you decide on a company to do the job. In this guide, we’ll go over everything you need to know about Tampa foundation repair, from the signs that you need it to the best companies in the area that can do the job.
Signs You Need Foundation Repair in Tampa
There are a few different signs that you might need foundation repair in Tampa. If you see any of these signs, it’s important to call a foundation repair specialist right away:
- Cracks in your walls or ceilings: If you start to see cracks forming in your walls or ceilings, it could be a sign that your foundation is shifting. This is especially true if the cracks are wider at the top than they are at the bottom.
- Gaps around doors and windows: Another sign that your foundation might be shifting is if you start to see gaps appearing around doors and windows. This is because the weight of your house is no longer evenly distributed, which can cause problems with the framing of your doors and windows.
- Doors and windows that stick: If you have doors or windows that stick when you try to open or close them, it could be another sign that your foundation is shifting. This is because the frame of your door or window is no longer level, which can make it difficult to open or close them properly.
- Cracks in your floors: If you have cracks in your tile or hardwood floors, it could be another sign that your foundation is shifting. This is because the floors are no longer level, which can cause the tiles or boards to crack.
If you see any of these signs, don’t wait to call a foundation repair specialist. The sooner you get it fixed, the less damage will be done to your home.
What More You Must Know?
There are several different types of foundation repairs that can be performed, depending on the severity of the damage. Minor cracks can often be repaired with a simple polyurethane injection. This type of repair is relatively inexpensive and can be completed in just a few hours. More severe cracks may require the use of steel reinforcing rods or carbon fiber strips. These types of repairs are more expensive and may take several days to complete. In some cases, the entire foundation may need to be replaced.
If you are concerned about the condition of your foundation, the first step is to contact a professional foundation repair company for an inspection. The inspection will involve a thorough examination of your foundation, both inside and out. The inspector will look for signs of settling, cracking, or other damage. Once the inspection is complete, the repair company will provide you with a report detailing their findings and recommendations for repairs.
Best Foundation Repair Companies in Tampa
Now that we’ve gone over some of the signs that you need foundation repair, let’s talk about some of the best companies in Tampa that can do the job. Here are a few foundation repair companies that we recommend:
- FoundationSupportworks by Olshan: Olshan is a national company with over 85 years of experience in foundation repair. They use helical piers and steel push piers to support settling foundations and stabilize them against further settlement.
- Perma-Pier Foundation Repair Group: Perma-Pier has been repairing foundations for over 20 years and has repaired over 15,000 foundations nationwide. They specialize in repairing all types of foundations, including slab, block, pier and beam, and crawl space foundations.
- GeoLift Solutions: GeoLift Solutions is a family-owned business with over 25 years of experience in foundation repair. They use helical piers and mudjacking to stabilize settling foundations and raise them back to their original level position.
These are just a few of the many great foundation repair companies in Tampa. When choosing a company to do the job, make sure to do your research so that you can find one that best suits your needs.
Foundation repair is an important process if you want to keep your home in good condition for many years to come. If you see any signs that your foundation might be shifting or cracking, don’t hesitate to call a professional right away so they can take a look at it and determine what needs to be done. And when choosing a company for foundation repair in Tampa, make sure to do your research so that you can find one with experience and a good reputation.