Want to get your favorite doll that is not available on the market? Want to make your favorite show character a doll on your own? You might be recalling how this is possible for you. Well, you can make such dolls with customization. The custom doll will be what you want to make for you.
This article is a beginner’s guide about custom dolls. You will learn what these dolls are, how you can make these dolls, and which things are required to make these dolls.
What is a custom doll?
The custom doll is all about developing your imagination. These are the dolls that are changed into your unique and desired shapes, characters, and designs.
Can you make a custom doll?
Yes, you can make a custom doll on your own. All you need to do is to select any kind of doll and the required things to make your custom doll.
What are the things that are needed to make a custom doll?
Below are the things and items needed to make a custom doll. If you have clear up your mind to make your doll, then get the following things in your stock.
- Any kind of doll
- Scissors and knife
- Nail pain removal
- Acrylic paint
- Watercolor pencils
How can you make a custom doll?
Making a custom doll is not difficult. You will need a few things to collect for this purpose and then learn the basic and minimal steps guide to create your custom doll.
Readying or priming your doll:
- This is all about setting your doll’s body aside from its head.
- Keep your doll’s head under the running water for 30 minutes for this purpose.
- Then you will hold your doll’s body in your hand to paint it in any way you want.
- Once you are done painting the body of your doll, you will repaint the head of your doll.
- Then remove the hairs as much as you can with the respective tool or cutter and get maximum results.
- To get your doll completely prepped, you must apply nail paint removal to get rid of the factory paint.
Repainting the face of your doll:
- Now use the acrylic paint and saturate it with water to do with repainting your doll’s face.
- Do the paint thrice and let it dry.
- Make sure you have coated the paint thrice to stick it thoroughly on your doll.
- Doing the hair of your doll
- Now you will fix the hairs with glue. These hairs will already be in your inventory.
Choosing or making clothes for your doll:
You can choose or make clothes for your doll. You can also use the original clothes of your doll.
This step will be all about checks and balances to ensure that you have gone through all the steps in making a custom doll for yourself. This way, you will get your dream custom doll.
Customizing a doll will enable you to get your desired character in form. A custom doll is nothing short of your dream one. So, make one if you are interested.