Table of Contents
You have come to the right place because you have made the excellent decision to improve your professional standing by obtaining an Amazon Web Services certification of some kind. Skills in cloud computing are in extremely high demand, but there are not a lot of people who qualify to fill those positions. Therefore, now is an excellent time for you to enter the Amazon Web Services (AWS) world. There are plenty of AWS training sites and resources available on these lines.
By increasing the knowledge and abilities of workers who provide on-demand cloud computing services, AWS Certification bolsters the efforts of businesses to form productive and creative teams that will use AWS to implement cloud initiatives.
The following is a list of some of the various certifications that are based on roles that are available:
- Developers, Architects, and Operations Engineers, along with Administrators.
Even though the amount of time allotted for the exam and the fee required to take it vary from one certification test to the next, they all utilize the same type of multiple-choice, multiple-answer format. Because credentials only remain valid for a period of two years, professionals are required to recertify themselves before their credentials become invalid.
The majority of AWS certifications are in high demand at the moment. You will have the ability to design, plan, and scale AWS implementations using more than 70 different cloud computing services after completing the training course required for the AWS Solutions Architect Certification. The AWS training is geared toward the most recent version of the AWS exam, which focuses on Amazon-designated best practices.
On the other hand, it would appear that the AWS Certified DevOps Engineer and the AWS Certified Security Professional certificates are the most in-demand at the moment. The first examination is geared toward the DevOps function, while the second is a specialized test that educates you on the most effective procedures for cloud security.
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Practitioner credential is also very popular as an entry-level certification option. This certification serves as a foundation for candidates who are interested in pursuing additional certifications and can be attempted by individuals who have a general interest in learning more about the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud. You will investigate AWS Cloud concepts, as well as AWS services, as well as security, architecture, and pricing in order to improve your understanding of AWS Cloud.
The job responsibilities can be very different for each available position. You could begin by obtaining the AWS Cloud Practitioner credential, which is designed to educate individuals who are not technically trained about AWS’s core principles and services. The AWS Certified Cloud Professional credential is a prerequisite for earning any of the other AWS certifications.
On the other hand, AWS Certified Solutions Architects earned $161,000 on average in 2021, which was the highest average salary of any occupation. It is important to keep in mind that the annual salary for additional certificates and professions that are roughly equivalent was only a few thousand dollars on average. If you want to get ahead of the competition and land a job working for Amazon Web Services (AWS), you should earn an AWS certification and include it in your portfolio.
In a nutshell, Amazon Web Services (AWS) careers and certifications are formally separated into four distinct classifications, namely Foundational, Associate, Professional, and Specialty.
There are a total of nine certifications that cover a variety of roles, and they are broken down as follows according to these four categories:
1. The Foundational Level Certification from Amazon Web Services (1 certification)
Cloud Practitioner – Foundational on Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certification
Introduction to cloud computing and an understanding of its fundamentals, including a fundamental comprehension of the Amazon Web Services platform
2. AWS Associate Level Certifications (3 certifications)
Certifications: Associate level of the AWS Solutions Architect
- Associate SysOps Administrator for Amazon Web Services
- Associate level certification as an AWS Certified Developer
- A more in-depth comprehension of the architecture, development, and operation of AWS is the goal of this project.
3. Certifications at the Professional Level for Amazon Web Services (2 certifications)
AWS DevOps Engineer – Professional and AWS Solutions Architect – Professional are among the certifications held.
A more in-depth comprehension of the architecture and engineering of AWS is the focus of this project.
4. Specialty Certifications Offered by AWS (3 certifications)
Advanced Networking (Specialty), Security (Specialty), and Big Data (Specialty) Certifications.
- A comprehensive understanding of specialized areas that are related to AWS is the goal of this project.
- Architect of Solutions Certified by Amazon Web Services
These prospective employees are expected to comprehend and carry out the tasks listed below:
- Construction, architecture, and maintenance of Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud environments that are highly available, scalable, and cost-effective
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of cloud computing and suggest using the most recent AWS tool sets.
- A new employee at AWS who has completed training to become an AWS Solutions Architect Associate is eligible for a starting salary of up to $130,883 and a starting salary of up to $148,456 depending on their level of experience.
Architect of Solutions Certified by Amazon Web Services
The following are prerequisites for the job:
- Collaborate with customers and engineers to provide leadership in the areas of technology and implementation.
- Make sure that the new technologies are successfully integrated into the environments of the customers.
5. AWS SysOps Administrator Certified By AWS
They are accountable for the following:
- Provisioning, installing, configuring, operating, and maintaining systems (virtual and non-virtual), software, and any other related infrastructure is included in this service.
Other employment opportunities are available to those with the necessary skills and training for AWS certification.
Learning and inculcating AWS skills will not only develop these primary AWS-related and Amazon careers, but it will also develop a diverse set of IT skills that will allow candidates to get jobs in other fields besides those specifically related to Amazon or AWS postings.